Friday, November 22, 2013

I'm back!

Yes, it's true.

It's been, effectively, a two-year hiatus from this blog. Sure, I've posted stuff, but nothing personal. Nothing that really speaks to the title of this blog. The drought is over.

Partially, because I am about to make a film and nothing can speak more directly to the title of this blog than chronicling the step-by-step process of making this film. (our Twitter page is up, so please follow us: https://twitter.com/Connection_film)

But also, because I have not felt I had anything new to share...and now I do.

I've often marveled at people who can keep their blogs fresh and relevant on a consistent basis year in and year out. I'm not that guy. I need to build up new experiences and develop or change perspectives to feel I am sharing anything I haven't said before....and have it be meaningful.

A lot of filmmaking things have happened in the last couple of years, so I'm going to share in pieces. For now, gonna leave you with a behind the scenes cell phone shot of the behind-the-scenes from a photo shoot we did to develop key art for the film (we don't shoot until 2014) - as well as the synopsis. But the subsequent posts will be about all aspects of my filmmaking life mingled with regular posts about the film. So, let the journey begin....
















Synopsis:

"CONNECTION" follows the mood-drenched, sometimes subtly comic, journey of a young couple during their first experience at a “lifestyle” (swinger) party. 

It is told in the style of "Transaction" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGdBGf68FlU), with a direct, honest story-telling style that creates a "fly on the wall" experience. However, key subjective moments in the story take us a step deeper inside this dynamic.


Benjamin and Melissa Hughes seem to have an ideal relationship on all levels. But a vague need for something “more” coupled with a desire to fully explore their sexuality, compels them to an attend a party, and be introduced to a growing sexual culture, that will amuse, titillate and ultimately challenge them individually…and as a couple.


No comments:

Post a Comment