Friday, July 18, 2014
July's Filmmakers Alliance competition is dedicated to SCREENWRITING.
The month's prize is a Screenwriter's Package including the following :
* A ONE HOUR SCREENWRITING CONSULTATION WITH SEAN HOOD.
* A copy of FINAL DRAFT 9 (the latest version of Final Draft - $249 value).
* A copy of DRAMATICA story development software ($269 value)
* A professionally organized TABLE READ of your completed script utilizing top-notch actors.
Here's how you win:
1. Simply post a single-paragraph synopsis of your feature film idea on the Facebook competition page. No longer than 100 words (but shorter is always better) - NO EXCEPTION.
2. Include at least one or all of the following hashtags #FilmmakersAlliance, #GenreHacks, #FinalDraft and #Dramatica in your post (does not count against your 100 words).
3. Generate likes for your post.
4. The top ten posts with the most likes by Midnight, August 15th, 2014, will then go to a judging committee and the best synopsis among them WINS!!
(Additional information/material may be requested prior to committee's final decision)
Simple as that. So, the sooner you start, the better.
NOTE: YOU MUST BE A BONA FIDE MEMBER OF THE FILMMAKERS ALLIANCE TO PARTICIPATE (Facebook "membership" does not count)! If you aren't a member yet, sign up HERE:
MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL:
- Get $80 off the full copy of Final Draft and $31 off the upgrade (32% off both products).
- Also, get Dramatica Story Expert, Dramatica Pro, or Movie Magic Screenwriter for $99 (up to $150 savings per product).
Discount code is available for all products on the FA's community page. Offers good until close of competition: August 15th.
Monday, July 7, 2014
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
We’re excited to share a few fun filmmaking opportunities with the members of the Filmmakers Alliance.
Zooppa is an online platform that connects brands with creative users. The way it works is, brands post their creative briefs on the Zooppa site for Zooppa members, at which point they may enter as many videos as they would like to win cash prizes and represent huge brands in online and broadcast advertisements. Ultimately, Zooppa is an online crowd-sourcing platform where brands turn to for refreshing and relevant user generate content. Signing up for the Zooppa community is 100% free and allows you access to all of our campaigns at any given time. This is a cool way to exercise your filmmaking skills and boost your portfolios!
As a fellow filmmaking community, Zooppa would like to share with the Filmmakers Alliance a few campaigns going on right now. Here they are!
Fun and Flavor with Lindsay Olives
Produce the next film advertisement for Lindsay Olives by submitting a video to the “Fun and Flavor with Lindsay Olives” Campaign!”
Lindsay has been bringing joy to people’s lives for over 100 years and is a staple in the American kitchen. The thing about olives is -- you either LOVE them or you don’t.
Lindsay’s California Black Ripe Olives is looking for 15 second or 30 second videos showcasing their product. Use your imagination to create an entertaining and humorous scene! To participate in this project, pledge now and receive $25 in product coupons that you can use in your film. Head to the brief to learn more!
Submitting a video is easy! Simply sign up for free at www.zooppa.com and upload your video.
Stats: The contest closes on July 14th at 4:00 PM PDT with $15,000 in total awards. The grand prize winner will receive $10,000.
Help Create a Brighter Future for Our Children
Project Sunlight is a growing movement of people who believe it is possible to build a world where everyone lives well and lives sustainably.
Faced with an increasingly apathetic an unengaged world, Unilever wants to stress the need for a positive outlook and willingness to act. Together, and through small actions everyday, we can begin to achieve the unprecedented possibilities of our world. The purpose of this campaign is to inspire others to join Unilever in making sustainable and informed decisions each day.
Through a compelling video (up to 90 seconds) or a series of 3 prints, show us an uplifting piece that inspires our society, especially parents, to create a brighter future for our children. Check out the contest brief on Zooppa’s website to learn more!
Your piece should be heartfelt and informative that ignites social change and a positive discussion surrounding how children will have a better, brighter future.
To participate in this campaign go to www.zooppa.com to create an account and begin submitting your work.
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Broad Green Room / Filmmakers Alliance, Samy's Camera and Section 101 invites FA members, filmmakers, film lovers, festival friends, industry mavens, creatives, and culture vultures to a special celebration of the LA MUSE film series at The LA FILM FESTIVAL.
Join us on June 15th for a pre-Father's Day Dinner toast at the historic Variety Arts Club on 940 S. Figueroa St., - a gorgeous 1920s landmark theatre in the heart of the downtown festival scene. Come celebrate the fest, it's LA MUSE film series and connect with LA's expansive filmmaking community with complimentary beer, wine, and cocktails - in an amazing space created by Broad Green Room.
The event is free for FA Members and invited guests. You should have received a promotional code. Otherwise JOIN FA! :)
A CELEBRATION OF LA MUSE at THE LA FILM FESTIVAL
Variety Arts Club
940 S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90007
Sunday, June 15
940 S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90007
Sunday, June 15
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Lotsa cine-stuff happening in Los Angeles this month and you will probably see me at ALL of it!!
Here's what's up in scheduled order:
Dances With Films - May 29th (TOMORROW NIGHT) thru June 8th
Los Angeles Greek Film Festival - June 4th thru June 8th
Cinegear - June 5th thru June 8th (don't worry, you can do both!) Exhibits are 6th and 7th
NALIP - June 5th thru June 8th
New Media Film Festival - June 10th and 11th
Los Angeles Film Festival - June 11th thru June 19th
And, I'm certain there's a much more that I'm forgetting - or simply not aware of. And, of course, there's also great stuff like LA Film Forum and Cinefamily, that happens on a regular basis.
Since I am an associate programmer of the LA Film Festival - as well as Filmmakers Alliance being a participating org - you will be hearing a lot more about that fest from me in the upcoming days. But I urge you, if you're in LA, to support your filmmaking community - and yourself - and get out to as much of this as you can!!
See ya there!!
Downtown Film Festival LA - July 9th thru July 19th
Outfest - July 10th thru July 20th
Friday, May 23, 2014
Here's an interesting case study on the British film "Borrowed Time", which was done more like an American Indie than the kinds of foreign films that hit our shores. Much to be learned from it.
Check it out!
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Today is the final, final LAST DAY to take advantage of Filmmakers Alliance's extended pre-launch membership offer of $10 per year (normally $19.99) or $100 for a LIFETIME membership. Or sign up ten filmmakers and receive a complimentary LIFETIME membership.
Not only will you get all the advantages of membership, you'll be eligible to win one of the following perks*:
- A NEW PERK: A free AFM 2014 Badge. It includes access to Show Floor & Screenings, tickets to the AFM Conference Series, free Wi-Fi throughout the Loews Hotel, one year membership to AFM365™, the AFM's Online Community, access to the AFM Filmmakers Lounge at Le Merigot Hotel, access to the Industry Conversations Series (until full), invitation to an AFM Orientation with AFM Managing Director.
- A free trip to the Sundance Film Festival 2015.
- A free test screening for your film and One-Hour follow-up distribution consultation with World Wide Motion Picture Group's George Zaver!
- A free, one-year subscription package of key cloud-based filmmaking tools. That includes IMDbPro, Section101, Celtx, Remark and more.
- A free one-hour screenwriting consultation from screenwriter/filmmaker (and founding FA member) Sean Hood.
- A free No-Buget Film School Seminar and One-Hour follow-up consultation with producer and No Budget Film School founder Mark Stolaroff.
But again, you must sign up by MIDNIGHT TONIGHT to be eligible.
* Upon launch of site, regular competitions will be held for each perk . One perk per member per year.
Filmmakers Alliance: Connect. Get Stuff. Make Films.
THE NEW FA: COMING JULY 2014
The NEW Filmmakers Alliance website is launching in July 2014, but we are offering an April-only “pre-launch” membership offer of $10 PER YEAR (regularly $19.99). Yes, per year! We are offering this to current and former FA members and others who are part of the FA family. Sign up anytime between now and midnight TONIGHT for just $10 for membership lasting until May 31st, 2015. Connect with your filmmaking community, get access to amazing resources and win a free trip to The Sundance Film Festival 2015!!
Here’s what membership in Filmmakers Alliance gets you:
- Member connectivity. Hook up with your filmmaking comrades. Get info, support and crew. Go make films together.
- Regional membership events.
- Profile pages. Detail who you are, what you’re making and what you need. Upload pics and videos. Create groups, forums and events.
- Downloadable info, education and resources. Actor, crew and vendor databases. Instructional videos. Production forms. Production Software and more.
- Key links to sites, blogs, tools and other great filmmaking stuff!!
- Access to donations, discounts, promotions and other partner offers. That includes equipment, software, site subscriptions, Org memberships, festival/competition submissions, event fees and much more.
- Eligibility for competitions and giveaways. Including cameras, software, insurance packages and more. Our first competition will earn you a free trip to The Sundance Film Festival 2015!
- Automatic enrollment in FA’s “Frequent Filmmaker Program”. Earn points for ANY online activity (posts, responses, click-thrus, purchases, etc.) which you can then redeem for tons of GREAT filmmaking stuff. Join NOW and get 1,000 points! That’s an awesome jumpstart on your free filmmaking reward.
We will also be brokering new discounts for FA members throughout the year to such things as festivals, seminars, workshops, rental houses, insurance packages and more.
So, come be a part of the filmmaking community that Filmmaking Stuff called " one of the ten best filmmaking websites". You’ll get the connectivity, information, resources and support you've always needed, but now you'll also get an immense package of benefits that will make your filmmaking life cheaper and easier - freeing you to be the filmmaker you were born to be.
For just $10 per year.
ALSO, the first 100 filmmakers will get a free gift card from one of these 4 partners*:
*gift cards or codes will be delivered within 8 weeks of launch.
Give yourself the gift of Filmmakers Alliance membership. NOW.
Connect. Get Stuff. Make Films.
1317 N. San Fernando Blvd, #366
Burbank, CA 91504-4236