Tuesday, July 29, 2014
10 Reasons Why Your Low-Budget Film Will Never Get Financed and 38 Reasons Your Script Isn't Getting Recommended By Readers
Interesting read. Elementary, but still essential, realities.
And good info to put your script up against.
Taken together, a good reality check for your project.
Friday, July 18, 2014
July's Filmmakers Alliance competition is dedicated to SCREENWRITING.
The month's prize is a Screenwriter's Package including the following :
* A ONE HOUR SCREENWRITING CONSULTATION WITH SEAN HOOD.
* A copy of FINAL DRAFT 9 (the latest version of Final Draft - $249 value).
* A copy of DRAMATICA story development software ($269 value)
* A professionally organized TABLE READ of your completed script utilizing top-notch actors.
Here's how you win:
1. Simply post a single-paragraph synopsis of your feature film idea on the Facebook competition page. No longer than 100 words (but shorter is always better) - NO EXCEPTION.
2. Include at least one or all of the following hashtags #FilmmakersAlliance, #GenreHacks, #FinalDraft and #Dramatica in your post (does not count against your 100 words).
3. Generate likes for your post.
4. The top ten posts with the most likes by Midnight, August 15th, 2014, will then go to a judging committee and the best synopsis among them WINS!!
(Additional information/material may be requested prior to committee's final decision)
Simple as that. So, the sooner you start, the better.
NOTE: YOU MUST BE A BONA FIDE MEMBER OF THE FILMMAKERS ALLIANCE TO PARTICIPATE (Facebook "membership" does not count)! If you aren't a member yet, sign up HERE:
MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP SPECIAL:
- Get $80 off the full copy of Final Draft and $31 off the upgrade (32% off both products).
- Also, get Dramatica Story Expert, Dramatica Pro, or Movie Magic Screenwriter for $99 (up to $150 savings per product).
Discount code is available for all products on the FA's community page. Offers good until close of competition: August 15th.